Sanskrit Easter Programme
THE MAIN THEME for this satsaṅga will be extracts from the MuṇḍakaUpaniṣad whichwe will chant, study, discuss and reflect onunder the guidance of Puṣkara Ācāryafrom India.
This is a four-day event (mornings only) which will take place over the Easter weekend:
– Good Friday 29 March to Easter Monday 1 April –
This online event is open to current members of Philosophy groups in the School who have at least a basic knowledge of the Sanskrit alphabet and some Sanskrit vocabulary.
Each day will have the following elements:
- Sanskrit chanting to start the day
- Study of the Muṇḍaka Upaniṣad
- Sanskrit grammar – 3 groups: the advanced group will be given NEW insights into प्रतयs
- Sanskrit conversation – both introductory and more advanced.
The day will begin with Vedic chanting which will be conducted by Prasanna Ācārya and followed by study sessions with Puṣkara Ācārya and Tilaka Ācārya, all of whom have been steeped in Sanskrit and Vedāntic learning from an early age.
Full notes will be provided on the text and there will be plenty of assistance to guide the study even if you only know a little Sanskrit.
The deadline for booking is 15th of March. The fee for attendance is €50.